1911's in the old movies

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
worst 1911 user in a movie... sylvester stallone in Cobra...yep, cobra head on white grips...but that's not the problem...in one scene he throws a knife and finishes the guy with 1911, then spins it like a six-shooter on his finger before reholstering!

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
worst 1911 user in a movie... sylvester stallone in Cobra...yep, cobra head on white grips...but that's not the problem...in one scene he throws a knife and finishes the guy with 1911, then spins it like a six-shooter on his finger before reholstering!
If I remember , didn't Sly just stuff it in his belt aimed at his junk ? Best thing about that movie was his ' 50 Merc.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
The "shoebox" style from Merc and Ford have long been my favorites from that era. Not a leadsled lowrider type of guy, but as hotrod they are extremely tasteful. Stock ain't bad either

Kevin Rohrer

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I always like the final scene in " Thief " with James Caan . Uses a 1911 , does some reloads . It's a Michael Mann movie , he seems to get the firearms handling correct . Gets his actors some good training .

The weapons' training for that movie was done by Chuck Taylor (RIP). He told me Caan was a know-it-all who did not want to listen and was impatient to move forward, even though he had not learned the skillset needed.

frogman

New Fanatic
I just watched The Lost Battalion On you tube. It is the first time a 1911 was shown in a movie. Excellent
Excellent WW1 movie.

Gamma4510

Fanatic
I always like the final scene in " Thief " with James Caan . Uses a 1911 , does some reloads . It's a Michael Mann movie , he seems to get the firearms handling correct . Gets his actors some good training .
Agreed, James Caan received training for that movie, one of my favorites, in the modern technique, using an awesome longslide from the late great Jim Hoag.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I believe I actually saw some of those videos before..which is why my memory told me Keanu had training.
Couldn't recall when or where I saw them, or who he'd trained with..but the training looked very thorough in the video(s) I watched.

Tactical Rico

Well-Known Fanatic
Taren Butler (the owner of Teran Tactical in Simi Valley, CA.) is a top rated, world class shooter. He has his own website for his traing facility, and you can see some of the "Actors" he has trained there. He also does a bunch of other stuff as well.
Very interesting guy...........
TR

Latest posts