12 g Saiga for 3 Gun?

Oleg Tolmachev

Well-Known Fanatic
Any thoughts on Saiga for 3 Gun? I know that most people here are Benelli fans. However, wouldn't a detachable mag give a huge advantage in a 3 gun competition? Any known issues with Saiga shotguns?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The box fed shotguns are for the most part Open division guns. They are slowly taking over that division from the stick fed guns There are a few companies making race ready saigas. R&R racing, JT Engineering, firebird Precision. If you don't have one of those your looking for trouble with malfunctions. The inconsistency in shotgun ammo makes stock saigas pretty much useless.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
What about if I bring my AA-12? If I use the drum mag it would put me in the open division, correct?

uscbigdawg

Well-Known Fanatic
Even with a tuned up Saiga, I've seen them crash and burn harder than the Hindenburg. Clint Upchurch is about the only guy running a reliable Saiga these days IMHO, and while he's won a few matches, I think that the "bottom feeders" are still on top side by side.

The new Akdal however might be a different story.

Rich

Oleg Tolmachev

Well-Known Fanatic
So I shot seven or so rounds (slugs) from a stock Saiga. I am still shore. Like shooting a darn RPG. I can see that it is no bueno for a 3 Gun competition. Or dove hunting!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
So I shot seven or so rounds (slugs) from a stock Saiga. I am still shore. Like shooting a darn RPG. I can see that it is no bueno for a 3 Gun competition. Or dove hunting!

How many RPG's have you shot? Where they full power slugs or reduced recoil.

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
Do a couple little things and a saiga will run great. The reliability starts going away when you start shorting the gas system. I put several thousand rounds through my first one and had one malfunction I can remember and it was on a cheap walmart slug

Latest posts