09/25/2011 USSA Multi gun

joshappel

Par times back to normal
I was going to have it as rifle and shotgun, but I decided to just do 3 gun. Plan on six stages. I will update this thread when I get stages and round count dreamed up. Count on 50yd shots with slugs, some buckshot and of course birdshot. There will be clay flippers, swingers and a good possibility of a swinging star.
We will start sign in at 9, and get squads going at 0930. Entry fee will be $15 for USSA members and 20 for non members. The divisions will be same as always, centerfire iron, cf optic, rf irons, rf optic, and open.
Thanks!
*Josh*

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I am very excited to hear thatvyour gonna do a full on 3 gun match. But how is rimfire gonna work? My suggestion would be that OKCGC and USSA needs to coordinate the 3 gun, shotgun only, rifle only and maybe even ProAm shotgun so we aren't competing with each other for competitors to fill the matches up.

joshappel

Par times back to normal
Rim fire (which means your rifle) will work like it always does, and I don't do rifle only anymore, pro am shotgun is always on pro am match day. I didn't think I was covering up any matches on that weekend, besides a steel challenge.

joshappel

Par times back to normal
Ok, i got some stages drawn up and an estimate of round count, but as those of you have put together stages know, they may change a little bit during setup. 4 slugs, 57 bird-shot, 60 rifle and 28 pistol. No buckshot will be needed. I'm also adjusting the entry fee to $12 for members and $17 for non members. This will be a dynamic match, which means there will be a deal of movement on at least two stages. Farthest shot with rifle will be just under 300 yards, farthest with slug will be 60. Shoot house, 360, 300 and three back bays will be used. I will be constructing a swinging star for the all shotgun stage. Volunteers to help with setup will be appreciated and will have their entry fee waived (limit of 5), pm me if you would like to help for more details.
Thanks,
*Josh

jtischauser

Holy crap. I just checked the calendar and I got nothing going on that weekend. I am gonna do my best to make it up there. What day/time r u setting up the match?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member

jtischauser

I can't be counted on right now for carpooling or attending matches. I have been traveling so much I never know what mom as gonna do. If I do go I will be towing the Ranger and Tony will be my copilot.

joshappel

Par times back to normal
2011-09-06192806.jpg

A little more welding and it will be done. I can put any 3 of our stars on it.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I'm pumped for this Josh. Looks like this will be my only 3 gun now So you know I'll be there!

Bentsight

Well-Known Fanatic
Some of us from the Wichita area are planning to come down for the match. Anybody got an approximate drive time between here and the range? Best to come down the night before or leave Wichita at 0dark:30?

jtischauser

Some of us from the Wichita area are planning to come down for the match. Anybody got an approximate drive time between here and the range? Best to come down the night before or leave Wichita at 0dark:30?

I'd say drive down early Saturday to OKC hit the 3 gun match at OKCGC. Drive to Tulsa after match. Enjoy a nice dinner down on riverside or whatever that's called. Get up Leisurely head out to USSA and shoot more 3 gun!

Bentsight

Well-Known Fanatic
I'd say drive down early Saturday to OKC hit the 3 gun match at OKCGC. Drive to Tulsa after match. Enjoy a nice dinner down on riverside or whatever that's called. Get up Leisurely head out to USSA and shoot more 3 gun!
Yeah in a perfect world that would be a definite WIN! now back to reality. Got too much to take care of on my honey-do list before hunting season hits full swing up here to be out of town playing for two days. I'll only be able to make it to one or the other this month. How long into the winter do you guys shoot down there?

RN&TULSAFIREMAN

Active Fanatic
Josh I sent you a PM. My wife and I wanna come shoot your match. This would be our first try at 3GUN. Shoot the match for fun and experience. Is that OK?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I can't be counted on right now for carpooling or attending matches. I have been traveling so much I never know what mom as gonna do. If I do go I will be towing the Ranger and Tony will be my copilot.
What time at the park & ride?
Anyone else riding?