Rimfire optic suggestions

crackerman

Active Fanatic
I think I want to add a reddot to my 22/45 that I shoot in Steel Challenge. Are there any particular reasons to pick a Cmore vs something like a Vortex Venom?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
crackerman said:
I think I want to add a reddot to my 22/45 that I shoot in Steel Challenge. Are there any particular reasons to pick a Cmore vs something like a Vortex Venom?
With the sideways c-more you can mount the dot alot closer to the bore vs on top of a rail. Many people will lose the dot & have to "swim" for it when it's mounted too high off the bore

k4ylr

Active Fanatic
Definitely sideways CMORE
3RoQn9Il.jpg

R75H90Sl.jpg

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
C-more has the largest window of them all. Makes finding dot easier.

The only drawback is that C-more dots are Fugly AF!
k4ylr said:
Definitely sideways CMORE
3RoQn9Il.jpg

R75H90Sl.jpg
Who makes that mount again?

k4ylr

Active Fanatic
It's a Striplin Custom mount. He makes the gas pedal as well.

I'm out of town all next week but I'll drag it out to the next OKCGC event for some fondling.

dennishoddy

When starting Steel, I chose the Bushnell Trophy tube type with optional green or red and four different designs of reticle on the Ruger Mark III Hunter with Volquartson Mz brake.
After a couple of years, got a bargain on a Burris fast fire III that mounted to the rear dove tail sight so thought I would try that as its closer to the bore axis.
Honestly, at 25 yds or less it really doesn't make a crap. I kept loosing the dot at rapid fire, and was having to sweep the gun around to find it.
Went back to the Bushnell tube type and my scores came right back up.
For the record, I've not shot a Cmore other than taking a sight picture which means nothing, so take my experience with that thought in mind. Your a little far away for me to offer mine as an example, but I would love to be in your area for the Atlantic salmon migration with a fly rod.

Ed Ellison

Well-Known Fanatic
I think I'm in the minority but I always felt the Side ways mount restricted my vision and made transitions more difficult. All my C Mores are straight up except one on a Glock.

crackerman

Active Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
When starting Steel, I chose the Bushnell Trophy tube type with optional green or red and four different designs of reticle on the Ruger Mark III Hunter with Volquartson Mz brake.
Your a little far away for me to offer mine as an example, but I would love to be in your area for the Atlantic salmon migration with a fly rod.
SO last weekend I shot my first Steel Challenge with a reddot on it. Its a 2 MOA Chinese dot from Amazon I got for Christmas, (Aimpoint Micro ripoff). Great dot but way to small for trying to get fast acquisition. When I hit it my scores were great, but the second that I lost the dot the wrist wobble to find it again was a dumpster fire. So I think I will upgrade my dot. Not sure if I will save for the CMORE which is nice or try the trophy tube.

DO you still feel like it is a good value and was the dot easy to find dennis?

dennishoddy

The dot comes immediately to the eye for me. It has 4 selectable reticles. I use the big circle with a dot in the center. If the dot wanders to the side, the outer circle tells me where it's at. You can get some refurbished models from Natchez pretty reasonably.