Question Regarding Legal Ownership

dre6922

New Fanatic
Hello,
I own a home in George Town County, Pawley's Island main land where I plan to move and live permanently in within 2 years. I currently live in NYS and have a CCW for both NY and an non residence CCW for CT. My question is when I visit my second home in SC can I take my firearms with me and keep them legally in the home?

Avtomat-Acolyte

Well-Known Fanatic
I would also suggest buying ammo and magazines while down here, since prices are reasonably low and stable. Keep them at your SC residence to avoid any NY SAFE Act shenanigans.

throttleup

Active Fanatic
Not only can you bring them here and use them but you can apply for a South Carolina, non-resident Concealed Weapons Permit. Look for a class near Pawley's Island. I am assuming of course, that you pay S.C. property taxes, which is a requirement. Having lived in New York myself, this is gun lovers heaven. Good luck.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Something else you may not be aware of....

While on your own property, and in your own home, you can carry your gun without a permit.....

Just be careful not to leave your property.

Steve

PCShogun

Well-Known Fanatic
to add to Fordnut's statment

'SC residents can also keep a loaded firearm in the glove box or center console WITHOUT a permit.'

I once had an officer stop me while patrolling the neighborhood. He saw me carrying a rifle across my lawn. He stopped at the curb and asked if he could see my rifle. I asked if I had done something wrong. He said, 'No, it just looked cool and wanted to know what kind it was!' At one of our full auto get togethers in the midlands, two officers were there when I pulled up. I asked if there was a problem with us being here since I did not want to unload 27 rifles and accessories just to have to carry it all back to the car if they were going to shut us down. We were at a public range, after all. They said, 'Nope, we are just here to watch. The stuff you guys got is cool as heck!'

What I am trying to point out is a lot of the local law enforcement is cool with your 2nd amendment rights being aired out down here, unlike NY and other localities.

dre6922

New Fanatic
Thank you all for the fast response. I can't wait to get out of the Republic of NY and move to the free State of SC. Does anyone know where I can take the CCW training course that is close to Pawley's main land?

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
dre6922 said:
Thank you all for the fast response. I can't wait to get out of the Republic of NY and move to the free State of SC. Does anyone know where I can take the CCW training course that is close to Pawley's main land?

I left Syracuse back in 2007 and have never regretted it. No GD snow to shovel here, temps are nice, folks are generally friendly, and they really do make it easy to enjoy your firearms down here compared to the Fascist State of NY and it's Fascist Governor Il Duce Cuomo. It's disgusting what the people of NY have allowed him to get away with. Sheep to the slaughter.

here's a link to the SLED website with the listing of CCW instructors in SC by city. http://www.sled.sc.gov/documents/cwp/CW ... MenuID=CWP
looks like you've got a couple in Pawley's Island, several in Myrtle Beach and some in Georgetown.

they're actually working on a bill to allow permitless concealed carry down here in the legislature. It's passed the House and is gone to the Senate. Not sure if it will come out of the Senate or not and if so, what the Governor will do, but by the time you get here, you might not even need a permit.