Open Carry

Two Nickels

Fanatic
I have heard rumors of South Carolina adopting "Open Carry", can you all verify this? Again it is only a few rumors, I have tried several places to see what the actual laws are but I cannot find any information on it.
I personally would love to legally carry open, I do have my CWP and as you all are probably aware it is not that easy to always carry "concealed".

Two Nickels

Fanatic
I thank you for taking time to try and help answer my question however the link you provided was specific to CWP; I am interested in learning whether or not "Open Carry" is permitted. I previously looked through the information on the link that you provided and looked at it again after you sent it to me and could not find the answer. Did I overlook something?
Again, thank you for your time and assistance.

bilall

Well-Known Fanatic
A bill for "Constitutional Carry" was passed by the House in 2017 (House Bill H.3700) but died in the Senate. To my knowledge, nothing has happened since. There was a corresponding Senate bill (Senate Bill S.0449) that was somewhat different but with the same goal, but it also died in committee without approval at the end of the 2017/2018 session.

Last edited:

Two Nickels

Fanatic
A bill for "Constitutional Carry" was passed by the House in 2017 (House Bill H.3700) but died in the Senate. To my knowledge, nothing has happened since. There was a corresponding Senate bill (Senate Bill S.0449) that was somewhat different but with the same goal, but it also died in committee without approval at the end of the 2017/2018 session.
Thank you. I believe this may have been what I was hearing, the timing fits. Perhaps the information was inaccurately communicated and that explains why I could not find anything.

nightstryke

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry to reply to an old post, but there's new info now on this that we need to be aware of.
This is a Statement on SLED Concerning Open Carry in South Carolina.
So Mark Your Calendars CWP Holders, August 15th, 2021 is Open Carry with CWP!

Two Nickels

Fanatic
Sorry to reply to an old post, but there's new info now on this that we need to be aware of.
This is a Statement on SLED Concerning Open Carry in South Carolina.
So Mark Your Calendars CWP Holders, August 15th, 2021 is Open Carry with CWP!

Thank you, I have been monitoring this bill but had not heard that good news yet.
It may be an old thread but the new information is very relevant, thank you for posting.