North Charleston Gun Show 2/21-2/22

Liquid__Mirage

Active Fanatic
Anyone going to be attending? We will have a couple of tables at the show, anyone feel free to stop by and say hi!

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I am back in town for a month or so. I really want to go to this show...Not being able to buy guns because I am a SC resident staying in Florida SUCKS...Got to check out legal gun sales....

Is this one at the Convention canter next to the Colisuim???? I hope so...

Steve
843-209-2490

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
This one should be at the coliseum. I had a table at the December one and it was a pretty nice show - not nearly as much cruft, lots of period-correct display stuff too (apparently there's a costume contest for reenactors?). Some powder/reloading stuff, lots of nice guns. None with the scratch for one of my Garands though.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
EDIT: I was just informed that Sunday is my only choice. Gotta get the little one a haircut Saturday AM, and that takes a platoon.

Anyone want to coordinate going? Could meet at Panera for coffee and then head over.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, but not advertising. $250 for last show including booth stuff and not a single follow-through, so I can't justify it.

Someone even asked if I would defend his trust in court if the BATFE decided it wasn't a valid trust. No attorney will for $250. Start talking about hourly with a retainer, and sure. Another asked how many times my trusts have been tested in court. Zero, because having your document go to court means you've done it wrong in the first place. I'd wonder what the answers were for the other SC gun trust folks, and definitely for the online folks. Last no-go said he wanted someone who did gun trusts as his day job only. While SC is pretty liberal for NFA items, there aren't enough to pay the mortgage even if every single NFA owner created a trust. So I gave up on pushing the idea of being a firearms-2A attorney - there just isn't enough business. Wish there was, but if wishes were fishes...

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Clicker said:
I'm going to try and make it Sunday afternoon.

Sounds like it might be a plan. You've got my number - give me a call when you're headed out. I think all I'll be looking for is reloading stuff, maybe some bits'n'pieces for the Enfield and/or surplus 8mm ammo.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Spent a couple of hours at the show today...Nice show.

This is so much better thanthe fair grounds. More room and wider aisles....

Did my first gun trade in South Carolina in 5 months....Feels great....

I might go back tomorrow just to walk around...

Steve

Liquid__Mirage

Active Fanatic
We are getting prepared to start day 2. I wasn't able to make it yesterday, but Dale and Shawn were there and said a few stopped by and they were really excited to meet you guys! My name is Josh and I'm going to be there all day today, so even if you stopped by the booth yesterday, swing by and say hello, I'd love to meet you all!

PapaBear

Well-Known Fanatic
I, too, like that show MUCH MUCH more than the fairgrounds show. Went with a friend and the kids just for something to do, and walked out with this beauty. Did NOT go intending to purchase, but when I threw out my "if he says yes I'll buy it" number, he said yes.

PMR30 in FDE, for WELL under $500

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
PapaBear said:
I, too, like that show MUCH MUCH more than the fairgrounds show. Went with a friend and the kids just for something to do, and walked out with this beauty. Did NOT go intending to purchase, but when I threw out my "if he says yes I'll buy it" number, he said yes.

PMR30 in FDE, for WELL under $500

Nice score :mrgreen:

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
I had pretty good luck too - two pounds of Benchmark for under $30 each. (!)

Only one dealer with .311 projectiles though, and $0.50 each... which is more than I paid for loaded ammo. So no thanks.

Talking to some vendors, it seems there was some scuttlebut that had several of the major collector-type vendors pull out of the show. It was certainly smaller than before.