List of Restaurants...

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Actually what they're confused about is the power of said signs to keep the people who are illegally carrying out.

Folks have always carried guns in their restaurants. Just not the folks who care about the law at all.

Now if I had to choose, I'd much rather have the legal CCW'ers than the illegal ones. The stats show that the legal carriers aren't likely to rob me or start a gun battle in my store because someone else wore the wrong colors.

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
[quote="RK3369"
I occasionally stop by Kickin Chicken to get wings or something to go. Since the signs are non compliant I guess I won't worry about carrying there anyhow. I'll carry in and out and if they tell me to leave, I'll comply and won't come back again. There's lots of other places around the area to spend my money.
[/quote]

Why do you give your had earned cash to a business that works against your fundamental natural rights? I see a sign, even a non-compliant sign, as a reason to spend my money elsewhere.

Interestingly, someone who looks like the owner of Kickin' Chicken gave a campaign contribution to Tim Scott, who seems pretty pro-2A.
http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/ ... p?cycle=14

I wonder what Mr. Miller would think about his manager's position?

Avtomat-Acolyte

Well-Known Fanatic
armaborealis said:
Why do you give your had earned cash to a business that works against your fundamental natural rights? I see a sign, even a non-compliant sign, as a reason to spend my money elsewhere.

I don't modify my life for anyone else.

If I want to carry a gun somewhere, I do it.

If I want to purchase their product, I do it.

I don't consult their corporate political donation history, their founder/CEO's personal opinions, their past or current shady/unethical/illegal business practices or whether or not they dump billions of molecules of Carbon into the atmosphere or tons of oil into fresh water.

I also don't consult "the law" for the above same reasons. I don't care what accords my country has signed at INTERPOL, Geneva or UN conventions. I don't care what Congress said. I don't care what SC's legislature said. I don't care what Joe Riley or Nicki Haley said.

I live my life and accept that some things exist out of my control. Me carrying a gun is not one of those things.

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
armaborealis said:
[quote="RK3369"
I occasionally stop by Kickin Chicken to get wings or something to go. Since the signs are non compliant I guess I won't worry about carrying there anyhow. I'll carry in and out and if they tell me to leave, I'll comply and won't come back again. There's lots of other places around the area to spend my money.

[/quote]

Because I want to make sure that they understand that by them asking me to leave or posting signs, I'm taking my money elsewhere. If I just go elsewhere without ever letting them know why, how will they ever understand the impact of their ill conceived decisions? If they never receive any feedback about the impact of their posting those signs, they'll think that the signs are no big deal and it didn't really hurt their business anyhow. They need to understand that their decisions have consequences and if nobody ever tells them they will never know the impact their decisions have had. If you just turn around and go somewhere else without ever saying why, how do they know? They might think that you walked up to the front door and didn't like the color of the paint on it, so you decided to go elsewhere. I'm just saying that if we all go elsewhere without any of these sign posters ever knowing why, they won't ever understand the economic impact of their choices.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Taco Boy in Folly Beach. Noncompliant signs at both building entrances. Shame.

Wonder if the Taco Boy in downtown Chuck has posted now? They hadn't last time I was there, about 2 weeks ago.

Wife and I got into quite the discussion about it. I wonder if they're:

A. manager of the FB store is an idiot
B. Bar scene there in the summer is pretty rough already (I've never gone there for the bar, only to eat. But I know the one in FB is a big college people bar)
C. Posting noncompliant signs as a way to get bubba that slept through the laws portion of his CCW out of there, but let the rest of us in tacitly?

Either way, I don't think I'll spend my money there any more and that makes me sad - I really liked their food.

Acecool

Well-Known Fanatic
rotarymike said:
Actually what they're confused about is the power of said signs to keep the people who are illegally carrying out.

Folks have always carried guns in their restaurants. Just not the folks who care about the law at all.

Now if I had to choose, I'd much rather have the legal CCW'ers than the illegal ones. The stats show that the legal carriers aren't likely to rob me or start a gun battle in my store because someone else wore the wrong colors.

Unlawful laws aren't enforceable and we as Americans have a duty to not follow them; 2nd amendment is all that matters which affirms our rights.

WoodLark

Fanatic
Actually, I suspect that some of these restaurants that post "non-compliant" signs do so intentionally. They know the signs won't keep us legal carriers out, but they make the anti-gunners and the restaurant's insurance companies/lawyers feel good.

jisuho

Well-Known Fanatic
I started this thread about restaurants because of the new carry law. But I want to depart just a bit and say the Toys R Us and Babies R Us have the guns prohibited signs. They are compliant signs. At first one would cringe at the notion of carrying into a building where young children are likely to be the most numerous, especially after Sandy Hook. Also, why would 50+ year old want to go it a Toys or Babies R Us? Well, I answer the second question first.

I recently learned I will be a grandpa in December, so the wife and I have now been and will be visiting kids stores a lot to purchase clothes and toys for my first grandchild. Much like we did when we became parents.

Second,if you think about it, a kids store is probably the best place for a law abiding citizen to be armed. I would protect every child in that store with my life if some whack job came in to take out his anger on innocent kids and their parents or live out a morbid fantasy thinking to get his fifteen minutes on the news. I would not hesitate to pull out my 9mm and dispatch the piece of garbage.

Anyway, if you go to Babies or Toys R Us, be aware. No carry for law abiding citizens. They prefer to allow criminals to carry into their stores.

As an alternative, the Once Upon A Child stores in North Chas and West Ashley do not have the prohibitive signs. So I think I will be patronizing them more often. In addition, the prices are better there. Might be used stuff but it is good condition.

j

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
Dayman said:
Smoke on the water in the west end of Greenville posted. Shame was a pretty good resturant. So I just walked 100ft to the Velo Fellow. Probably wont matter to them but I won't be going back.

Went back by to check there other entrances, not posted. Only front is posted at knee level on a non compliant sign. :roll:

Walked by today and Smoke on the Water removed their sign :p Good that place has some good grub!

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
jisuho said:
I started this thread about restaurants because of the new carry law. But I want to depart just a bit and say the Toys R Us and Babies R Us have the guns prohibited signs. They are compliant signs. At first one would cringe at the notion of carrying into a building where young children are likely to be the most numerous, especially after Sandy Hook. Also, why would 50+ year old want to go it a Toys or Babies R Us? Well, I answer the second question first.

I recently learned I will be a grandpa in December, so the wife and I have now been and will be visiting kids stores a lot to purchase clothes and toys for my first grandchild. Much like we did when we became parents.

Second,if you think about it, a kids store is probably the best place for a law abiding citizen to be armed. I would protect every child in that store with my life if some whack job came in to take out his anger on innocent kids and their parents or live out a morbid fantasy thinking to get his fifteen minutes on the news. I would not hesitate to pull out my 9mm and dispatch the piece of garbage.

Anyway, if you go to Babies or Toys R Us, be aware. No carry for law abiding citizens. They prefer to allow criminals to carry into their stores.

As an alternative, the Once Upon A Child stores in North Chas and West Ashley do not have the prohibitive signs. So I think I will be patronizing them more often. In addition, the prices are better there. Might be used stuff but it is good condition.

j

I was just at the new Toys R Us on Woodruff Road in Greenville, and they didn't have a sign at all (at least not one that I could see). The old store had what appeared to be a standard corporate sign and was definitely not in compliance with SC Code. It's interesting to see that another store actually has a compliant sign.

jisuho

Well-Known Fanatic
Coconut Joe's at Isle of Palms has a compliant sign. I was carrying today as the wife and I were tooling around town. Decided to try Coconut Joe's for lunch. I thought, I can either take a chance they do or don't. Decided to leave my weapon in the car. Sure enough, they have a sign. Went in anyway and had a good lunch and a drink.

just so y'all know.

j

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
Moe's Crosstown in Chas also has a compliant sign. I wasn't carrying and went there for lunch with two coworkers however, I probably won't go back now that I know their policy. Too bad, because it is one of the few decent lunch spots in the upper Peninsula, but there's always McDonalds.

FunkyMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic
Montreaux in downtown Summerville has a compliant sign now. Don't know when it went up, but I'm sorely disappointed. Also, it's the only sign I see in old downtown.

I'm actually irritated enough that I'll probably try to contact the owner or general manager. Anyone have a generic, spread-the-gospel letter I can use? I can surely write it myself but could use a template.

Also, a forum I belonged to in Virginia had some great business cards one could hand out (i.e. No guns = no $). Anyone know of any here in SC? I thought I remembered some on eBay but can't find the link.

Thanks

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
Wickery's in Shem Creek has a non-compliant sign on the upstairs door. I purposefully exited via the downstairs bar exit to see if they had any other signs. No other signs present but I guess the owner's intent is stated. I won't be going back.

Avtomat-Acolyte

Well-Known Fanatic
FunkyMonkey said:
Montreaux in downtown Summerville has a compliant sign now. Don't know when it went up, but I'm sorely disappointed. Also, it's the only sign I see in old downtown.

I'm actually irritated enough that I'll probably try to contact the owner or general manager. Anyone have a generic, spread-the-gospel letter I can use? I can surely write it myself but could use a template.

Also, a forum I belonged to in Virginia had some great business cards one could hand out (i.e. No guns = no $). Anyone know of any here in SC? I thought I remembered some on eBay but can't find the link.

Thanks

A simple sentence about "criminals carry guns wherever they want and it is already illegal. why put up a sign that only applies to law abiding taxpayers, especially when they ONLY reason they carry a gun is to protect themselves from the criminals that are going to carry a gun into your business anyways?"

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
[/quote]

A simple sentence about "criminals carry guns wherever they want and it is already illegal. why put up a sign that only applies to law abiding taxpayers, especially when they ONLY reason they carry a gun is to protect themselves from the criminals that are going to carry a gun into your business anyways?"[/quote]

Absolutely correct. Why not just put up a sign that says "hey, come on down and rob us and shoot whoever you want? You wont' find any resistance here because I already told every legal gun owner I didn't want them in here, so come rob away, y'all".

These folks need to be on the short list for the annual Forest Gump award.

melloyello

Well-Known Fanatic
Old Post

Popeye's Fried Chicken - North Charleston

I have not seen it for myself but my wife called from Popeyes when she was leaving and asked what the law for No Concealed Carry.
I described it to her and she said looks like Popeye's is legally posting No Concealed Carry now.

I guess we'll have to spend money elsewhere.
Wish Bojangles would bring back non-spicy chicken.