Holster recommendations

gng4life

Active Fanatic
I like the CompTac holsters. I have a few of them for the CZ and M&P. The fit and function are amazing compared to the others I have tried.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
gng4life said:
I like the CompTac holsters. I have a few of them for the CZ and M&P. The fit and function are amazing compared to the others I have tried.
Are these the paddle type? If so, how sturdy is it?

gng4life

Active Fanatic
Sorry, no, one is attached to a BOSS hanger and the other one is a standard drop/offset hanger that came from CompTac.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
I love comp tac holsters the international is a good deal! I just bought a double alpha PDR pro for my new production gun and IMO it's probably one of the best bang for your buck kydex holsters you can buy. We'll see if I still feel the same after I beat on it all year.

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
I second the bladetech black ice. Just as a heads up, the COM holsters receive good reviews in some places, but I would steer clear for a while... I've been waiting on mine for over 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
If you want a starter holster, the Safariland 5198 is pretty good. It's $30 on Amazon.

Fancy DOH race holsters are great, but the problem with them (especially the BOSS hanger) is that they're a PITA unless you get a double-belt race belt to use with them. Which is fine, and if you stay with the sport you'll probably end up doing that, but if you don't want to drop that much cash right off the bat you could get the Safariland to start with.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
dr poopgiggle said:
If you want a starter holster, the Safariland 5198 is pretty good. It's $30 on Amazon.

Fancy DOH race holsters are great, but the problem with them (especially the BOSS hanger) is that they're a PITA unless you get a double-belt race belt to use with them. Which is fine, and if you stay with the sport you'll probably end up doing that, but if you don't want to drop that much cash right off the bat you could get the Safariland to start with.
Optics Planet Carrys all the Safariland stuff too. PM me for a 10% off code.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/safariland-open-sw-paddle-holster-belt-slide.html

jferguson1302

Fanatic
Thanks guys, I'm probably gonna get the safariland for now, I'm looking at getting a M&P Pro, and get the black ice with it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

AzShooter

New Fanatic
I've been using a Blade Tech and was very happy but just got an Ernie Hill Guba Reba for my 929 and love it.

Very secure and easy to adjust to any condition. Their auto holster can bet adjusted to any gun and is easy to set up.

Ernie gives great service. Check him out. Ernie Hill Speed Leather.