H.3668 Orange Hat Law

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Signed by the Governor, effective 5/7/15...

Provide That All Persons Must Wear A Hat, Coat, Or Vest Of Solid Visible International Orange While On Wildlife Management Area Lands During Deer Hunting Season.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
i must be missing something again.

ive been deer hunting for about 42 years and the regs have always said exactly that. a hat coat or vest of international orange

while BIG GAME HUNTING on GAME MANAGEMENT lands.

these days there are almost no GMA lands left.

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
i must be missing something again.

ive been deer hunting for about 42 years and the regs have always said exactly that. a hat coat or vest of international orange

while BIG GAME HUNTING on GAME MANAGEMENT lands.

these days there are almost no GMA lands left.

The way it is written above, it says 'All persons............., not, "all persons while hunting............." so is it perhaps to require all persons to wear orange during hunting season on those lands whatever their purpose? Ex, guide, driver, etc???

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
ahhhh.

ive not had much problem on GMA buy ya hear stories about bad behavure.

so i would think that anyone that knew they were on GMA lands would want to be seen.

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
ahhhh.

ive not had much problem on GMA buy ya hear stories about bad behavure.

so i would think that anyone that knew they were on GMA lands would want to be seen.

........or perhaps not, if they were there doing something they weren't supposed to be doing, thus making it harder for LEO to locate them if they weren't wearing orange. So, given that lawbreakers will likely not wear the orange attire to be in compliance, it's just another charge that LEO can hang on them when caught doing other illegal things on GMA lands.

what's really strange is if that applies to archery also. That's going to make the bow hunters unhappy if they have to wear orange instead of camo.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
yep, i believe the hunting regs did say " gun hunts". i didnt have to wear orange when bowhunting.

there is also a not too old reg that you can take orange off if you are a certain height in a tree.

as for people not hunting, you still are supposed to have a GMA permit to just be there, even out of season.

yeah, maybe they want that extra charge for people growing pot without their "orange on". :lol:

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
yeah, maybe they want that extra charge for people growing pot without their "orange on". :lol:

probably. Before that, somebody going to check their "crop" could just be in there carrying a gun and claim they were hunting.
They probably wanted to carry the gun to make sure their pot was not being raided, but definitely didn't want to attract unnecessary attention. Now they can get them for not having the orange hat on also. lol.