Gas Block Deal

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
if you dont mind my experience,

when you put that gas block on you need to take the set screws out and make a dimple in the bbl where they will go. dont over tighten.

i have done some bbl swapping and found that without doing that it is a BEAR to get that block off. scratches and banging going on because the set screws will dimple the bbl and it doesnt want to come off.

i only buy the crimp type now. looks just like that but naturally costs more.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
What about a low profile gas block to replace a standard tower sight block which uses taper pins? I see a few designed for that purpose, being elongated to cover the attachment points. I picked up a barrel which already had the tower sight installed. It looks like it was parkerized after installation of the tower. Befuddles me, as you need to remove it anyway to get the barrel nut on. I can't see how I'm going to do this without messing up the finish. Any experience or advice?

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
if you put some grease on it maybe it wont rust. wait, you are putting the F sight back right?

oh, low profile. there is one that looks like the top was cut off an F post, or you could cut the top off the original. then it would have to be finished where you cut it so the already cut one wouldnt.

i have one(bbl) that is worn prett bad after the gas block i just keep drawing on with a black sharppie.

Latest posts