Finally got a new carry gun

ramsey88

Well-Known Fanatic
After getting my CWP I was carrying my wife's full size 9mm S&W in a nylon POS holster. Man that was uncomfortable!!!! Well, thanks to uncle sam giving me some of my money back, I was able to get a pimped out 1911 and a crossbreed Supertuck holster. I already had one of their gunbelts which I've been wearing for at least a year and is still holding up great (pun intended). Anyways, I'm now carrying a Metro MAC Bobtail 1911, commander size. I originally was looking at getting an Officer size but I didn't like how the shorter grip felt.
hi-res-photo-mac-1911-bobcut-blue-preview.jpg

ramsey88

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm now debating whether to keep the factory wood grips, which are actually pretty nice for factory grips, or pick up some of the sweet Hogue grips like I had on my Ruger sr1911.....

shane361

Well-Known Fanatic
You need these! Made by a guy here in the Low Country by hand for a great price.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
ramsey88 said:
I'm now debating whether to keep the factory wood grips, which are actually pretty nice for factory grips, or pick up some of the sweet Hogue grips like I had on my Ruger sr1911.....
Remember, some rubber grips may get grabby with your clothing.

ramsey88

Well-Known Fanatic
shane361 said:
You need these! Made by a guy here in the Low Country by hand for a great price.

Those are pretty sweet!

And Bigfutz you make a good point. The fish-scale texture on the factory grips is growing on me. Plus I didn't realize it until I actually started looking for grips but the bobtails don't use the same grips, they have to have that angled back corner.

Latest posts