Concealed carry question

Cadillac

Administrator
If I go to a restaurant, for example, and they have the proper signage not to carry on the premises, and a robbery occurs in which I come to harm, would I have the right to sue the owner of the restaurant?

:?:

GrassyKnoll

New Fanatic
Cadillac said:
a robbery occurs in which I come to harm, would I have the right to sue the owner of the restaurant? :?:

How often are we are ever barred from suing someone if we perceive they caused us harm or damages of some kind? (not very) I'm sure there would be a lawyer out there who would take the case too.

I would certainly sue in a situation like this. What's more, I'd want my family to sue that business if I were killed. Fortunately for such establishments, I refuse (with very few exceptions) to enter or spend money in posted businesses.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I have to agree with Grassyknoll...I try to stay away from places that don't allow CC....and, I hate not going to some resturants, just because they serve booze by the drink.....but, oh well...

Steve

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
I believe in showing my displeasure with my wallet.
Whenever time permits I like to ask for the manager and tell him that I will not be buying anything and am going to recommend my friends stay away.

jonyrotten

Well-Known Fanatic
Frost said:
I believe in showing my displeasure with my wallet.
Whenever time permits I like to ask for the manager and tell him that I will not be buying anything and am going to recommend my friends stay away.

print some of these out and leave them in no carry businesses

nogunnomoney_nostate_1.jpg

nogunnomoney_nostate_2.jpg

complete document, front and back

http://www.jonyrotten.net/pic/nogunnomoney_nostate.pdf

Bdbys59

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, truth be told, if the place sells alcohol for consumtion on the premisis, it is illeagal for you to carry a weapon in there in the first place. They do not need to post a sign, not the places fault, state law. Which leaves what, McDonalds and Burger King ????? :roll:

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
Sometimes I'll go in, but I actually feel uncomfortable leaving a weapon in the car.
I don't like to let a firearm out of my control or observation.
If I don't take it in with me, there is a chance the car will be broken into and I'll loose the firearm to . . . a criminal.

In a way, the choice of a law abiding citizen having a concealed weapon that no one even knows about versus a criminal having the opportunity to get their hands on one is really an example of the business owner making the political statement and not really thinking it through.
There is a long list of political statements out there that can be proven wrong with simple logic, yet common sense and logic seem to fall on deaf ears.

Ninja

Fanatic
Bdbys59 said:
Well, truth be told, if the place sells alcohol for consumtion on the premisis, it is illeagal for you to carry a weapon in there in the first place. They do not need to post a sign, not the places fault, state law. Which leaves what, McDonalds and Burger King ????? :roll:

Can you believe even Chuckee E. Cheese serves beer? I took my kids the other day and was in shock!!

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
I've always been suspiscious of Chuckie Cheese. I went once a long time ago and it reminded me more of an adult playroom, sort of like Village Inn Pizza Parlor, than a place for Kids. Of course it has a play room for the kids to stay in while the parents have a night out where people won't look agrivated when the young'unz start making noise.

Actuall they provide a much needed public service.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TwQAksE5T4[/youtube]