Well-Known Fanatic
agsarmament.com

10388211_739738202741366_5740396405009809231_n.jpg

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Snagged this from another post:

armaborealis said:
andyb said:
I don't have all the necessary tools to build assemble an upper, so I will be looking for a complete upper. I'm not really interested in having to also buy all the needed tools right off the bat here. I'm moving this weekend and just refit a boat, so I'm in recovery mode for the bank account right now :(

There's some ok Black Friday deals out there for someone needing a quality upper:

Radical Firearms has some Seekins uppers for $279 + BCG: http://www.radicalfirearms.com/category ... =30&page=1

DSG is running complete Seekins uppers with BCG for $399: https://dsgarms.com/search?q=dsg+complete+upper

BCM is running complete uppers with BCGs for ~$515+.

And of course, PSA is running PSA Premium uppers for $239 + BCG: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... gory/4426/

Primary Arms has Fail Zero NIB BCGs for $99.

The DSG/BCM are probably highest quality.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't different manufacturers use different buffer tubes and bolt carriers? I've seen the BCs that have the reduced/AR15 diameter tail end and use AR15 buffer tubes. But I thought I'd seen some that were full diameter and used larger buffer tubes/different stocks.

Johoevasmatrix

Well-Known Fanatic
Been looking for a aimpoint pro if anyone sees one for $350 please let me know. Hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
im asking Santa for this, $80.

PTAC AR15 300BO PL 8.5" 1/8 416R SS - Barrels & Barrel Assemblies - Upper Parts - AR-15

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
Mike, you have Mil spec and commercial spec tubes and buttstock. Don't remember off the top of my head which is bigger. They both fit standard lowers.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
I know for AR15's there is only mil and commercial.

I was asking in reference to AR10s. The bolt and at least the front of the bolt carrier is larger to accommodate the 7.62 case head. Some are thinner at the rear, and use an AR15 buffer tube and spring and can therefore use AR stocks. I think I've seen some that are full diameter, which would be non-compatible with normal AR parts. That might be the Armalite rifles, as far as I know.

Kinda surprised that PSA doesn't have any dmr-ish rifles in the AR10 line - think fixed stock and 20-24" barrel.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
read your post Mike.

i just looked at my Armalite and its the same as an AR-15, buffer wise.

the spring is definatly bigger, stronger. when i pushed on it my finger hurt and did not when i pushed the Ar-15.

i have had parts mixed, wrong and just plain not threaded from PSA, but they fixed it so i have nothing against them.

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
All I have are DPMS compatible lowers and they all use standard AR15 furniture with heavier springs and buffers. Do they have an adjustable buffer to help tune the recoil without changing gas flow?

Latest posts